What is a nutritionist? Well, a Nutritionist is someone who has completed a tertiary qualification in nutrition, food science and public health. The main role of a nutritionist is to help people achieve optimal health by providing information and advice about health and food choices. Nutritionist will develop healthy lifestyle programs and diet modifications to ensure you reach your health goals. A nutritionist will provide the motivation and encouragement to keep you on track to success.
Keeping healthy is very important in order for your body to work efficiently to ensure that you are getting maximum benefits from your food intake. If you regularly eat processed, sugar-laden and high fat foods, then your body will not be receiving all of the necessary nutrients that your body requires to work. A nutritionist can inform you of the healthier choices available for food consumption and tailor your diet and lifestyle plan to your own needs.
There are many reasons why you would need to see a nutritionist, including if you:
- Feel sluggish and tired
- Are lacking in energy
- Are stressed
- Need to lose weight
- Lead a very active lifestyle
- Have cholesterol or blood pressure problems
- Suffer from digestive problems
- Have restrictive diets e.g. vegetarian, lactose intolerant etc.
- Have tried many diets but regained the weight
- Feel that I know what to do, but I can’t get motivated
- Are confused about conflicting nutrition advice
- Feel that you have a sluggish metabolism
- Would like to maximise your sporting performance
- Want to improve your overall health and well-being
If any of these apply to you, it is best to see a qualified nutritionist to ensure you are reaching the recommended daily intake of macronutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Nutritionists can provide you with meal plans and individual eating programs which can help you to eat healthily everyday.