With summer upon us, light, fresh healthy meals are often on the agenda on those warm nights.
This recipe not only fits the bill for the perfect summer recipe, but it is also super healthy, perfect as a part of any diet and helps to control and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 500 grams boneless chicken breast
• Salad leaves of choice
1. Combine oil, lemon, juice, garlic, fennel seeds, red chili flakes, oregano and vinegar in a medium bowl and put into a large tightly sealed plastic bag. Marinate at least 15 minute room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator for best result.
2. Thread the chicken cubes on skewers, either along or with chunks of your favourite vegetables such as red onion, red pepper or zucchini.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place on grill plate. Cook under direct heat (with the grill closed) for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and crusted on the outside.
For more delicious and healthy recipe ideas visit www.diabetesnsw.com.au