Tips and tricks this winter to fight your cold & flu, from our Naturopath Diana Robson to beat this prime cold and flu season.
Winter Wellness- Here are some of the best ways to fight the winter blues!
Fight Your Cold & Flu: 6 Simple Steps to Boost Your Immunity:
The change of season and the cooler weather makes us much more prone to catching the newest bug going around. You can to lay the foundations for a flu and cold-free winter season with these simple steps. They’ll help you to support your body’s natural defences this winter:
- Eat a whole food diet including plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits. Include immune boosting foods such as garlic, onions, turmeric, and ginger.
- Reduce sugary and processed foods – researchers have discovered that sugar blocks the ability of our white blood cells to fight off viruses.
- Incorporate probiotics – up to 70 % of your immune system lies in the gastrointestinal tract, probiotics can help in a number of ways , supporting natural immune barriers and increasing the activity of white blood cells.
- Get enough Sleep! Sleep rejuvenates and rebuilds all systems including the immune system.
- Exercise daily to stay fit and don’t drink excessive alcohol or smoke as these reduce immunity.
- Manage stress – the stress hormone cortisol suppresses our immunity.
To find out more about tips and trick to fight your cold & flu this winter book in with our Naturopath Diana now. She knows all about the right supplements and measures that you should take to avoid getting sick this winter.