This week we headed to one of the local schools in the St George area to conduct free scoliosis screenings. Dr Natalie Legge, one of our chiropractor headed to Danebank a school for girls to conduct scoliosis screenings.
Scoliosis is found in 3-5% of the adolescent population, it is a curvature in the spine. Which, is why here at Back to Basics Chiropractic, we work with many schools, as early diagnosis and early intervention is key to effective management. Also we know how much the community helps us, which is why we believe in helping out where we can. By conducting free screenings at local schools we aid to create awareness about the issue.
Did you know…
- Females are more likely to be affected than males by scoliosis
- Scoliosis can create extreme pain and discomfort
- Often people with scoliosis do not need surgery
- Scoliosis can effect people that play sport, as a result of poor balance
- Hips and ribs occasionally appear more prominent on one side
- Sometimes the height difference of the shoulder blades maybe a sign of scoliosis
- Can cause an individual to lean more to one side
- We know it affect people at different stages of life, however it becomes more obvious during adolescence and growth
- Scoliosis comes from the Greek word bend and curve
If you’re worried about scoliosis don’t hesitate to contact us. Our highly trained chiropractors regularly assess cases of scoliosis in many of our patients. We recommend booking in with one of our practitioners. You can book in online, or over the phone on (02) 9588 7000.
Get your scoliosis screenings done for your school-
Contact us on (02) 9588 7000 to discuss the possibility of conducting a scoliosis screening at a school. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.