Have you been having poor sleep? Did you know having poor sleeping patterns or not getting a proper sleep can seriously effect your health? It has the ability to effect your mood, concentration and your memory. This has the potentially to really effect your life.
Sleep deprivation can impair you in many ways. Here at Back to Basics we see how often our patients suffer from issues as a result of poor sleep. We have a range of methods that you can use to help you have a better nights rest.
Tips to fight poor sleep:
- Have a routine- We recommend building yourself a schedule. Having a set bed time and wake up time, along with some relaxation time prior to bed helps you to fall asleep better. During your relaxation time we suggest, reading a book, having a bath or just having some time away from any technology.
- Avoid stimulants. We recommend steering clear of anything such as alcohol, smoking and caffeine at least 3-4 hours prior to sleep.
- Don’t go to bed hungry. We know that it’s difficult to avoid at times with busy schedules but we suggest avoiding going to bed too hungry or too full. If you are hungry a small snack is what we suggest.
- Avoid carrying out too many tasks in bed other than sleep. For example it’s best not to take work or study to bed as it effects the environment
- Avoid light. This includes phones, laptops, televisions and clocks. Brightness stimulates the brain and makes it harder to relax and shut down.
If you’re still troubled for sleep suggestions we recommend talking to one of our chiropractors. You can call 9588 7000 or book online here.